Skip to main content

Multi-layered square card with a Touch Only-colored Stamp

The first square card I made in awhile. The first with an alcohol marker-colored stamp ever (HERE, you can find a review of the cheap alcohol markers I recently got, and a table with codes and names).
These are the codes of the Touch Only markers I used in this card:
- Skin: 135/107/97 + 24 (cheeks)
- Pants: 144/183/76 + 76/69 (stitching)
- Shirt: 84/89/4
- Hair and belt: 97/94/91

I usually tend to make pretty simple cards, but last week I got carried away with details :-)


Close ups:
I created one of the layers by stamping different sentiments on a piece of white card stock (if you are interested in this technique read HERE).  

(I took this picture when I was still playing around with the card to understand how I wanted to position the paper scraps)
I made the flowers with craft punches and paper left overs 
I don't know why, but I had the feeling that the black 'I Love You more & more' stamp was in stark contrast with the white background, so I superimposed a piece of vellum on which I had previously stamped gray hearts.

If you look carefully, you can see the reflection of the acetate sheets on the circle frames

Ah, I eventually managed to use the sticky glitter squares (black and white) I bought something like a year ago...

Comments

Popular posts

Card making and papercraft magazines

Last month I had the chance to get, for the first time, a couple of Cardmaking & papercraft  magazines: Papercraft Inspirations and Make Christmas card magazine. Papercraft Inspiration December issue had a Christmas window build-a-scene embossing folder and stamp free gift, as well as  free festive papers . Make Christmas cards was offering:  2 embossing folder borders ,  13 stylish stamps ,  32 Christmas papers ,  12 découpage sheets ,  117 toppers & motifs and  73 festive greetings. Here you have some of the cards and tags I've made with the magazines' gifts All cards have been donated to hospitals 

One more way to combine soy wax and gel!

The followings are all two-layered candles with the bottom layer made of gel and the upper part made of soy wax . Why combining the two of them? Because gel is transparent and allows you to embed objects   and soy wax   has an incredible  scent   throw and a long burning time ! Few simple rules for embedding objects: ideally they should be non flammable (like glass animals, shells or stones)! ...but if you do not exaggerate with the amount, you also can potentially use cinnamon sticks, dried flowers etc... To be on the safe side: if you use flammable objects I'd anyway suggest you to pour the thinnest layer of gel as possible (just to cover the embeds) and avoid burning this layer. And remember: never ever leave lit candles unattended! Let yourself be inspired and give it a try! Gel embeddings: glitters (blue candle) or sea shells (peach candle). Soy wax: caramel-scented.   G el embeddings: cinnamon sticks G el embeddings: cinnamon sticks (left) or star