Skip to main content

Handmade 3-in-1 agenda: a notebook, a photo album and a planner

I recently bought the fantastic Lawn Fawn Plan-On-It-Calendar stamp set and some Memento Dew Drop ink pads with the intention of making my first scrapbooking agenda/planner ever!

Considering the amount of money I spent to buy these goods, I didn't have the heart to buy also a new planner to decorate....

I therefore decided to create the agenda from scratch with what I had at home!!!

Front cover:  Canson brown 150 g/m² paper + scrapbooking paper.



Back cover: recycled cardboard + brown Kraft paper.

I've recycled the loops of a wire-bound mini notebook

...and used them to bind the planner!
I've decorated the front cover with a water-colored Swiss Pixie Tiny Heart stamp from CC Design Stamps and some die cuts from the Sizzix Scribbles and Splat die set and from the Florilège Design nesting tag die set.


While for the back cover, I've used the die cuts obtained with the Xcut Circle nesting diesthe Sizzix Scribbles and Splat die set and the Kesi'art MétaliKs Quatuor Smile die set
By using Power Point, I've designed the lined pages for the notes and the pages for the calendar (without a specific template, it took me quite some time to sort this out!!!). 
I've then printed everything on A4, 80 gr/m², white paper sheets, resized and pierced each sheet and bound them all.

I've also created a dividing page with a pocket and a bookmark in it 
...and some corners with the brown Kraft paper for pictures and drawings...


I've hand-stamped every single number and month's name (as well as the tiny decorations) by using the cute stamp set below

It took me a while but it was worth it!


This is the LINK to the video on my FB page showing further details of this agenda (dimensions, number of pages, decorations, etc.)! 

Well, what can I say about this project? It has been total fun, I'm incredibly happy of the result and proud of myself.
Next handmade notepad? Very soon ;-)

Comments

Popular posts

Card making and papercraft magazines

Last month I had the chance to get, for the first time, a couple of Cardmaking & papercraft  magazines: Papercraft Inspirations and Make Christmas card magazine. Papercraft Inspiration December issue had a Christmas window build-a-scene embossing folder and stamp free gift, as well as  free festive papers . Make Christmas cards was offering:  2 embossing folder borders ,  13 stylish stamps ,  32 Christmas papers ,  12 découpage sheets ,  117 toppers & motifs and  73 festive greetings. Here you have some of the cards and tags I've made with the magazines' gifts All cards have been donated to hospitals 

One more way to combine soy wax and gel!

The followings are all two-layered candles with the bottom layer made of gel and the upper part made of soy wax . Why combining the two of them? Because gel is transparent and allows you to embed objects   and soy wax   has an incredible  scent   throw and a long burning time ! Few simple rules for embedding objects: ideally they should be non flammable (like glass animals, shells or stones)! ...but if you do not exaggerate with the amount, you also can potentially use cinnamon sticks, dried flowers etc... To be on the safe side: if you use flammable objects I'd anyway suggest you to pour the thinnest layer of gel as possible (just to cover the embeds) and avoid burning this layer. And remember: never ever leave lit candles unattended! Let yourself be inspired and give it a try! Gel embeddings: glitters (blue candle) or sea shells (peach candle). Soy wax: caramel-scented.   G el embeddings: cinnamon sticks G el embeddings: cinnamon sticks (left) or star